The acronym IMPLAST implies a convergence of the words Impact and Plasticity and papers dealing with any aspect of large deformation and failure of materials (including metals, composites, cellular, geomaterials or concrete) and structures resulting from quasi-static, earthquake, fire, impact or blast loading are welcome.
The proceedings will be published prior to the symposium. The extended papers will be published in the special issues of some reputed international journals, after their regular review process.
The following topics will be covered during the symposium. The list is indicative and not exhaustive.
- · Constitutive Relations
- · Theories of Plasticity
- · Behaviour of Materials at High Strain Rates
- · Application of Theories to Structural and Manufacturing Problems
- · Structural Crashworthiness and Failure
- · Stress Waves in Solids
- · Mechanics of Penetration and Perforation
- · Fire and Blast Loading
- · Earthquake Loading
- · High Speed Impact Problems